Thursday, May 29, 2008

thought of the week: may 26-june 1

we admit to the truth, we are the best at what we do. and these are the words you wish you wrote down. this is the way you wish your voice sounds, handsome and smart. oh my tongue's the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart

~brand new
okay, i believe you but my tommy gun don't

i've been listening to a lot of brand new lately. not for any reason in particular, but just because. i really enjoy their lyrics, & this song in general is one that's been drawing me. the phrase i like the best of theirs is the portion of the above quote that says "my tongue's the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart." i can't even explain why i'm so drawn to this particular part of the song, but i am.

maybe it's because i'm a passionate person. when i really believe in someone or something i do it with my whole heart. i love with all of my being. i put myself out on the line, sometimes so far out there that i can't see the edge anymore. i also tend to be a social person. at work when i was working as a phone rep taking incoming member calls i would get more done in a fifteen minute break than most people accomplished on their half hour lunch. i'd get water from the breakroom, use the bathroom, & talk to a dozen people & still get back on the phone in time. i just really see myself in these lyrics.

lately i've been doing a lot of reflecting. much of it spurred on by my surgery & the after affects. some by things that have been going on in the lives of my friends. some other things in my life. & some just because we're closing very quickly on my birthday. & that gives me more ammunition for deep thought than the turn of the year.

i hate giving teasers, but i will be blogging more in upcoming days. my recovery has been very rough. which has kept me away from writing. just because sometimes there's too much to think about typing up. yesterday i got some potentially not great news, i'm still processing it. but, on the upside, i'm writing again. which is always a good thing. especially for someone like me who puts their whole self into almost everything they do. i'm getting sleepy & feel as if i'm not making much sense anymore. so i'm going to log off & sleep. so i can work in the AM & blog in the evening.

No comments: